Every year around this time, I make a list of the things I am most thankful for. Even though this year has involved a lot of car accidents, regular accidents, NOT regular accidents, nightmares, stress and strain…I’ve got a lot to be thankful for.
- My mum, my dad, my godmother, my aunts and uncles and cousins, wherever we are in the world.
- My best friends, who always make me feel safe and remind me that I’m loved.
- My True Ladies, long may we reign.
- My colleagues, unpopular as they are sometimes. They took an unfocused knack and honed it to the finest point and as much as I hate it sometimes, I’m grateful to see the world as it really is.
- My doctors and physical therapists for keeping me healthy and fixing all the things that were broken.
- The people I get to interact with on the daily thanks to this blog, twitter & tumblr. Community is where you make it, and I love the communities I’m a part of.
- I’m thankful for the women who have fought and sacrificed so that I can live this life. I plan to spend my life kicking down doors so that the next generation has it even better than I do. Equality forever.
- I’m thankful for the internet, and for Facebook and Skype especially. Now nobody is ever really lost.
- I’m thankful for my life and my health and my body, which continues to amaze me.
- For photography, for excitable dogs, for beautiful days and long nights, for travel plans, for staunch women, for Netflix instant, for blonde hair and handmade weaves, for Roe vs Wade, for hundreds of books, for long in-jokes, for love and hope and science, for change, for everything, I am so thankful.
- And especially for this:
(It’s Thanksgiving after all)